What do you love most about Jersey?
I live in the beautiful Channel Island of Jersey. I've lived here for 30 years, and I'm still discovering new places and things to do!
I don't know anywhere else in the British Isles where you can find so much variety in 45 square miles. Beaches to rival any in the world - miles of cliff paths - tranquil country lanes with the prettiest cows - castles - sports and water sports - shopping - nightlife - harbours and marinas - museums - an amazing choice of restaurants - festivals - art and craft galleries - Gerald Durrell's zoo ... maybe you're starting to see why I love living here!
There are lots of things that make the Island unique. It's the most southern part of the British Isles and officially the sunniest. The history and culture has been influenced by being so close to France, and so is very different from the UK. Jersey is self-governing and not even part of the EU.
I'd love to share some of my favourite places and events with you. There are too many to explore in one holiday. Don't be surprised if you find yourself falling in love with the Island and planning more Jersey holidays!
I've also been asking my friends and some of the visitors I meet what they love about Jersey - so you'll find their comments throughout the site as well.
If you're planning to visit I hope you'll find loads of useful info and tips for having a great holiday. Let me know what you loved about your visit, and I might add it to the site.
- Why choose Jersey?
- Whether you're thinking of UK city breaks, a family holiday in the UK, fishing, boating or camping, Jersey has lots to offer.
- Jersey Beaches
- With its 45 miles of coastline, Jersey has some of the best and most varied beaches in the British Isles. Which Jersey beaches would be your favourites? Find out here.
- Events in Jersey
- Jersey has loads of events and festivals through the year. From food to motorsports, music to the Battle of Flowers spectacular, all the info you need.
- Best Channel Island attractions
- Find out about the best attractions to visit in the Channel Island of Jersey.
- Jersey - the Channel Island best for shopping
- All you need to know about shopping in Jersey - the Channel Island best for shopping.
- Stuff to do with children in Jersey
- There are loads of great things to do with children in Jersey - and they don't all cost money. Find out here!
- Water Sports in Jersey
- If you're looking for water sports in the UK,Jersey is the place to go. Whether you're a beginner or a pro, find the info here.
- Activities in Jersey
- If you're looking for activities that you can do during your holiday in Jersey - you will be spoilt for choice. Jersey must have more choice of activities than anywhere a similar size in the world!
- Theatre and Cinema in Jersey
- Where to find out what's on in every theatre and cinema in Jersey
- Explore Jersey
- Twelve parishes - all different, sweeping bays, rugged cliffs, town and villages - find out about Jersey here.
- What makes Jersey unique?
- Jersey is the sunniest place in the British Isles. Find out all the other things that make it unique here.
- Special places In Jersey
- Places only the locals know! How to find some of the most special places in Jersey.
- Jersey Wildlife
- Visiting Jersey? Find out about Jersey Wildlife here, including red squirrels, reptiles, wildflowers, birds, marine wildlife.
- Jersey Art and Craft
- Everything about Jersey art and craft - where to see it, buy it, take part in it, or shop for supplies.
- Jersey Food and Recipes
- Find out about food from the Island of Jersey including traditional recipes.
- Jersey Through the Year
- A guide to the Island of Jersey through the year - what's on and what to expect.
- Finding Flights to Jersey
- How to find airlines and airports with flights to Jersey. All the options - flights from UK and Europe.
- UK to Jersey Ferry
- All the info if you're looking for a UK to Jersey ferry. Find out your options here.
- Getting around in Jersey
- How to get around in Jersey - info and links for car hire, driving, walking, cycling, bus, coach and taxi travel.
- Share this Jersey Holiday site
- Share this site with anyone you know who is thinking of a Jersey holiday.
- I Love Jersey News
- Subscribe to the I Love Jersey News ezine and stay in touch with what's new on the site.
- Island travel links
- There's something magic about islands! Find the best island travel links here.
- Jersey gardens and flowers
- Find out about the beautiful Island of Jersey gardens, flowers and nurseries to visit.
- Contribute to Jersey
- Would you like to share your knowledge about jersey? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.